The Cosman G4 radiofrequency generator independently and automatically controls up to four electrodes at once, in monopolar or bipolar mode, with thermal RF or pulsed RF (PRF) output. Multiple independent supplies and patent-pending multi-ouptut technology. With a 12-inch touch screen, wireless remote, patient and doctor presets, electronic record keeping, automatic stagger start, automatic stimulation, your choice of a graphing or "one touch" interface, and large color-coded displays, the G4 is simply the most advanced RF generator ever built.
Find out how the G4 system satisfies all your RF needs with superior power, efficiency, and ease of use. Click on each item for more information:
Treat Four Sites At Once
- Automatic and independent control of up to four electrodes at once
- Automatic Simultaneous or Stagger Start
- Faster Procedures
- Monopolar and Bipolar RF
- Thermal RF and Pulsed RF
- Patent Pending Technology
Multi-Bipolar RF: Create Larger Lesions Faster
- Create up to two bipolar RF lesions at once.
- Bipolar heat lesions can be larger than cooled RF lesions as used in pain management.1
- SIJ Palisade: Produce a more complete lesion zone for the treatment of Sacroiliac Joint pain in less time using fewer electrode placements.1
- Perform bipolar RF for a fraction of the cost of cooled RF:1 Bipolar RF consumes as few as two RF cannula per procedure when used with standard autoclavable RF electrodes.
1. Cosman and Gonzalez, 2011
Full Touch Screen Operability
The G4 is the only RF generator fully operable using a 12 inch touch screen.
- Clearly labeled buttons and helpful troubleshooting messages
- Large color-coded displays for each reading and electrode
- Push-button temperature adjustment during lesioning
- Viewable from a distance:
- Usage of the front-panel knob and buttons is optional
Wireless Hand Controller
The G4 generator is the only RF generator that can be controlled using a wireless hand controller.
- All output and touch-screen functions can be controlled remotely
- Place in a sterile bag for use during the procedure
Automation Features: Stagger Start and More
Numerous automation features reduce treatment time and improve ease of use:
- Automatic RF Simultaneous Start
- Activate all electrodes at once
- Proprietary algorithms maximize heating rate
- Automatic RF Stagger Start
- Staggering electrode activations quickly identifies problem electrodes
- Unique to the Cosman G4
- Automatic Stepped RF Temperature Programs
- Use for IDET and intradiscal RF
- Use to set a temperature ramp rate
- Fully customizable
- Automatic Stimulation Ramp
- Instantaneous or gradual rise to set level
- Set voltage or current target
- Distinct settings for Sensory and Motor Stimulation
Optional Knob Control
Choose either the simplicity of full touch screen automation or the custom precision of manual knob control.
- Knob control of stimulation can be both fast and precise
- Quickly ramp to higher stimulation levels
- Quickly reduce if the patient is uncomfortable
- Fine-tune the response level
- Knob control of thermal and pulsed RF provides hands-on confidence
- Useful for advanced RF treatments
Two Interfaces: Graphing or One Touch
The G4 is the only RF generator that has two interfaces to suit each doctor's preference.
- Select a different interface for each setting preset
- Both have large color-coded displays of all readings
- Graph Temperature and Voltage over time
- Choose knob or touch screen control
- Useful for advanced treatments
One Touch Interface:
- Very large displays
- Simplified touch screen controls
- Useful in a busy practice
Cable Organizers: For Speed and Confidence
Multi-electrode procedures can be slowed if cables get tangled or electrodes fall on the floor. Only Cosman offers a comprehensive system for organizing cables and holding them both at the generator and in the surgical field.
G4 Cable Organizer: Cables are captured in an autoclavable strip with tabs labeled to match the G4's electrode jacks:
- Clip the organizer to the drapes to clearly identify which cable attaches to which output jack and prevent droppage.
- Clip four 3-meter cables (CB112-TC) together at both ends to keep the cables untangled, even through autoclaving.
Colored Cable Markers: Attach matching colored bands at both ends of each electrode cable to eliminate confusion.
Four clearly-labeled electrode jacks: The G4's displays are aligned with its electrode jacks. Prevents confusion and accidental misuse.
Electrode w/ Integral 3-Meter Cable: The Cosman CSK-TC-3M electrodes with integral 3-meter cables avoid all additional cabling
Multiple Non-Temperature Electrodes
The Cosman G4 is the only generator that can independently control and monitor more than one non-temperature-measuring electrode at once.
- Deliver Voltage-Controlled RF up to four non-temperature-monitoring electrodes, such as the Cosman CR injection electrodes
- Compare the Cosman CR electrode to the Neurotherm® Cotop® CXE® injection electrodes
- Reduce procedure time
The Widest Range of Pulsed RF Settings
- Select Pulse Rates 1, 2, ..., 10 Hz
- Select Pulse Widths 2, 3, ..., 30 ms
- Set Pulse Voltage 5-100 Volts
- Low and high temperature PRF: 37-95 °C
- E-dose: Automatic control of pulse settings to optimize nerve exposure to the Electric Field1
- 480 kHz waveform for optimal Pulsed RF effect1
1. Cosman and Cosman, 2005
All RF Readings for All Electrodes
The G4 is the only RF generator that displays individual RF readings for all four electrodes in large, visible, color-coded displays.
- Temperature ■ : The temperature of the RF or Pulsed RF lesion.
- Importance: Lesion temperature can't be precisely controlled without measuring it.
- Impedance ■ : The resistance to RF current flow of RF from an electrode.
- Importance: High impedance indicates an unplugged electrode or boiling at an electrode's tip that is unobserved due to temperature sensor malfunction. Low impedance indicates the electrode is touching a reference structure.
- Voltage ■ : The generator output to an electrode.
- Importance: Indicates if the generator is or is not delivering energy to an electrode.
- Current ■ : The flow of RF current from an electrode
- Importance: High current without temperature rise indicates a problem with the temperature measurement.
- Power ■ : The rate of thermal heating at an electrode.
- Importance: High power without temperature rise indicates a problem with the temperature measurement.
It is critical that all these readings are observed by the physician for each electrode for safe RF lesioning. It is NOT sufficient to have a single measurement for all electrodes since this does NOT indicate a problem with a specific electrode.
Sensory and Motor Stimulation
- Select Control with the Knob, Touch-screen buttons, or Automatic Ramp
- Select Gradual or Instant-On Auto Ramp
- Separate Sensory and Motor Presets
- Preset Auto Ramp for Motor Stimulation
- Preset Manual Ramp for Sensory Stimulation
- Support for Pain and Neurosurgical Procedures
- Rate: 2-200 Hz
- Width 0.1-3 msec
- Select Voltage or Current Control
- Mark Stimulation Levels for True Electronic Record Keeping
Doctor and Patient Presets
Doctor Setting Presets
- Preset procedure settings for each doctor and treatment type
- Include doctor information for electronic records
- Reduce logistics and errors
- Store hundreds of different presets
- Preset patient names, IDs, dates of birth, and notes
- Enter information at the beginning of a busy day
- Recall on each repeat appointment for speedy electronic record keeping
- Store hundred of different presets
- Unique to the G4
- A complete, concise Operative Report is generated for each procedure:
- Settings and summary data
- Stimulation levels
- Physician information
- Patient name, ID, and date of birth (optional)
- Site labels and notes
- Screen shots
- Streaming data is stored for research or troubleshooting
- Hundreds of procedure records can be stored for later export:
- Print a Operative Report directly from the G4
- Download all stored records to USB thumb drive
- Selectable languages, including
- Clear labeling
- Helpful Troubleshooting Messages
Ease of Use
The G4 generator sets a the industry standard for ease of use and ergonomics. It can be fully operated using either a 12-inch (30 cm) touch screen or a wireless remote, and has knob for optional manual control. The G4's beautiful interface is very intuitive, with color coded screens and large readings, as well as your choice of a graphing interface for advanced procedures, or a "one touch" interface with simplified controls for a busy practice. The on-board doctor and patient presets, and automatic data collection, enable true electronic record keeping.