Treat neuropathic pain with Pulsed RF using a flexible, temperature-sensing, epidural injection electrode. Target multiple nerve roots and DRGs via a single epidural needle placement. Confirm your position by stimulation, x-ray contrast, aspiration.
BrochureCase Report L5 RadiculopathyCase Report L4 RadiculopathyRequest Information
Reig-Cosman Electrode (RCE)
The RCE was developed with Dr. Enrique Reig, MD, PhD, FIPP of the Clinical del Dolor de Madrid in Spain using Cosman technology.*
- Epidural placement of the flexible electrode shaft using x-ray imaging
- Stimulation guidance with integral generator connection
- X-ray contrast injection and aspiration with integral injection tube
- Temperature-controlled Pulsed RF
Treat Neuropathic Pain
RCE epidural pulsed RF (PRF) at the dorsal nerve roots and dorsal root ganglia (DRG) treats radicular neuropathy.[1,2] Epidural placement enables treatment of multiple spinal levels via a single needle, and targetry of nerves inaccessible due to normal anatomy, foraminal stenosis, or hardware.[1,2] Temperature control at 42°C limits thermal effects and ensures safety and maximal efficacy.[1,2,3,4]
Case Reports and Literature
- Lifford R, Ghazi A, Cosman ER Jr. A Novel Technique to Deliver Epidural Pulsed Radiofrequency for the Management of Persistent Lumbar Radicular Pain in Failed Back Surgery Syndrome – A Case Report. Presented at: 7th World Congress of World Institute of Pain (WIP). May 7-10, 2014. Maastricht, Netherlands. [PDF]
- Bhaskar A, Cosman ER Jr. A Novel Technique to Deliver Epidural Pulsed Radiofrequency for the Management of Lumbar Radicular Pain – A Case Report. Presented at: 1st Word Pain Symposium of WIPF. November 14-17, 2013. Kolkata, India. [PDF]
- Cosman ER Jr, Cosman ER Sr. Electric and thermal field effects in tissue around radiofrequency electrodes. Pain Medicine 2005; 6(6): 405-424. [PDF] [Pain Medicine] [PubMed]
- Solbiati M, Cosman ER Jr. The thermal effects of pulsed radiofrequency parameters. Presented at: 7th Word Congress of the World Institute of Pain (WIP). May 7-10, 2014. Maastricht, Netherlands.
* Dr. Reig receives no economic benefit from the sale of the RCE.